Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Re: help installing programs

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <sylf@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: help installing programs
From: "The PC-Zone" <pczone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 10:42:31 -0500

I would love to drop qmail, but less then 20 days ago Linux was dumped on
me, I have over ten years of experience in Microsoft Windows NT.  I
understand how Microsoft works, and how everything runs in Microsoft.  Now
Linux is a new experience for me, just like I am sure at one time you where
new to the Linux inviroment.  Unlike you I do not have a good understanding
of how things work in the Linux inviroment.  I have a good feel on how to
navigate around Linux, but not to install programs.  So before you tell some
one where to go think back to when you first started.  So unlike you, I have
not got the experience on Linux.  All I ever here is about how good Linux
is, and how I should learn about Linux.  From what I have expereince in the
past 20 days is that Linux, and the poeple using it perfer to keep the
secret on how to use the program to them self.  I have tried Red Hat for
support, I have tried these E-mail help Places, I have Asked poeple, who use
Linux, and all I have been getting is frustrated.  I have even offered my
toll free number to any one that could call, and explain a little about
linux, and I got no response.  Is Linux some sort of secret program, that
only a few certain poeple hold the knoledge, and the others are left out?  I
have come to the conculsion the reason Linux is not as Popular as Microsoft
Products is that no one is willing to help, and have patients for some one
who gets dumped into a new inviroment, tring to meet deadlines, and is
realizing that the more he ask the less he understands.  To conculd, I would
like to say thank you for what little help I got, and appriciate the little
help a few of you where able to provide to me.

Justin
866-327-6644