Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Re: help installing programs

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: help installing programs
From: Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:44:58 -0500

You did not say what exactly is happening. I assume you mean it is
telling you that dependencies are not met and some other packages are
required.

When this happens you must either:
1. install the required package first.
2. install all required packages at the same time.

do a man on rpm and it will help.

If you post the package you are trying to install and the results of the
attempt to install it, someone may be able to give you some explicit
pointers.

The PC-Zone wrote:
> I am using RPM Programs, and am not having any luck getting them to install,
> every time I try installing them, it runs me arround in circles it seems
> like.  What is the best way to install these programs?

Jeff Vian
jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx