Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Where's messages on Corel/Debian

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Where's messages on Corel/Debian
From: Marc Bachman <mbachman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 18:57:49 -0500

Dear Dale- As someone who has been struggling with Corel Debian and the Wine
apps that came with it I am very interested in your opinion and the sources of
your information. I am a newbie and it looks like I made about the worst
possible choice for an initial Linux investment. If , indeed Corel is getting
out of the Linux business ( I wonder if they ever intended to stay) it looks
like I should go get a good distro and start over, especilly if what I have
cannot be upgraded with Debian. Do you know if any of their apps work on
another distro? I was checking out KDE 2.x and it looks like there are a lot
of bugs to contend with. Would you recommend KDE to a newbie?