Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Where's messages on Corel/Debian

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Where's messages on Corel/Debian
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:10:02 -0500

They may not use messages, instead dumping everthing to syslog. Or
considering the tweaking Corel did, it could be called something else
altogether...

> Is Corel really based on Debian?

Yes, but they really just didn't 'get it' as Linux distribuition.  They
mucked up much of what they did and violated GPL several times until the
folks at Debian had a nice talk with them.  Corel Linux is a dead
distribution, and can't be easily upgraded to Debian due to the extensive
modifications Corel made.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx