[Freeciv] Re: copyright issue
[Top] [All Lists]
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index] [Thread Index]
On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 11:21:20PM +1000, David Pfitzner wrote:
> "Brandon Van Every" wrote:
> > Rules are copyrightable intellectual property in case you're not aware.
> This seems a strong claim to me, since the usual explanation of
> copyright is that it protects _expression_, and not, for example,
> ideas. So I could see that specific text describing the rules
> would be protected by copyright (eg, a game manual), but not the
> abstract rules themselves. OTOH it could be that "game rules" are
> protected as intellectual property in some other way (that is, other
> than copyright), which would be interesting to hear. IANAL etc.
IANAL too, but last time we checked game rules *could* be
*patented*. If they are not actively patented, then they are
under no intellectual property protection.
Are the Civ/CivII rules patented?
Hack and Roll ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.
pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp
Brazil of Darkness (RPG) --- http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar
[Freeciv] Re: copyright issue, David Pfitzner, 2000/07/19
- [Freeciv] copyright obsolete?, (continued)
- [Freeciv] Re: copyright infringement, Dominik Kubla, 2000/07/20
- [Freeciv] Civilization the board game, Brandon Van Every, 2000/07/20
- [Freeciv] Re: copyright infringement, Steve Hodge, 2000/07/20
- [Freeciv] Hasborg, Brandon Van Every, 2000/07/20
- [Freeciv] Re: copyright infringement, Tony Stuckey, 2000/07/20
[Freeciv] Re: copyright infringement, Andrew McGuinness, 2000/07/19
- [Freeciv] Re: copyright issue,
Lalo Martins <=