Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: copyright infringement

To: Brandon Van Every <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: copyright infringement
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 23:30:29 +0000 (GMT)

> What effects you replicate is exactly the sort of test that the lawyers apply
> for copyright infringement.  Anyways, argue it in misc.legal.computing, not
> with
> me.  I think you're very much mistaken about being in the clear.  In fact, it
> seems as though you're operating without a legal paddle in the water.

Concerning money most of us have bought at least one version
of Civilization. Also, go to the metaserver list and see how many people
play Freeciv. It's a very small number. One can have the feeling there
are more coders than players. Concerning Opensource, it's an oportunity
to learn  new skills : cvs (gnu tools), mailing lists,
keeping people in synchronization, preventing sources to become a
nigthmare ... Visibly, you have created a new domain called
www.3dProgrammer.com. It's brand new ( It's empty. ) So, you are
interested in 3d. Good ! Try to find an opensource project corresponding
to your skills.

Bye,

Nicolas Brunel