Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: copyright infringement

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: copyright infringement
From: "Brandon Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:35:25 -0700

> I would think we're pretty much in the clear.  Freeciv is in effect a clean
clone
> of CivII, in that the developers did not work from Microprose's copyrighted
code, but
> just aimed to replicate the effects.

What effects you replicate is exactly the sort of test that the lawyers apply
for copyright infringement.  Anyways, argue it in misc.legal.computing, not with
me.  I think you're very much mistaken about being in the clear.  In fact, it
seems as though you're operating without a legal paddle in the water.

Cheers,             Infernal Troublemaker                    Troll
Mallor              "By simple mistake, mortals themselves amuse."