Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15809) Remove (ig)tired

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15809) Remove (ig)tired
From: "Per Inge Mathisen" <per.mathisen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 06:48:14 -0800

On 3/9/06, Randy Kramer <rhkramer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why not leave the compatibility with civ 1/2--that is one of the goals isn't
> it (or at least to have a civ 1/2 compatibility mode)?

We should have rulesets that feel like civ1/2. We are so different
ruleswise from civ1/2 anyway that worrying about misfeatures that few
noticed is there, and that even fewer will notice is gone, is quite
pointless. We should eventually have rulesets that feel like Civ3,
SMAC and MoM too, but this does not mean that we can or should attempt
to support every quirk of their rules.

  - Per