Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15809) Remove (ig)tired

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15809) Remove (ig)tired
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:13:30 -0800

Billy Naylor wrote:

> Per I. Mathisen wrote:

>>This patch removes the F_IGTIRED flag, which has been completely unused,
>>and the "tired penalty" for attackers that have less than 1 move left,
>>which is a newbie deathtrap. I strongly suspect that most if not all of
>>the complaints we have gotten from players who feel that "the AI cheats",
>>"I never win battles" or "the % chance to win is false" got burned by this
>>dubious feature. I see no redeeming value in it, so out it goes, IMHO.

> i use 'IgTired' in rndCiv
> espcially for Robotic units
>
> We shouldn't be *removing* options for ruleset  developers.

Options that make gameplay worse should be removed.  In this case it's
not the igtired flag that's being removed, it is the concept of
"tiredness".  The only reason we'd want to keep that is for
compatibility with civ1/2, but I don't really think it's crucial.

However it might be better just to get rid of fractional movement points.

-jason