Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:40:41 -0800

Ahem.  My original suggestion in this ticket was to move Hitler into a
separate nation (Imperial Germany, Daniel suggested) that will not
normally be randomly chosen.  My reasoning is that this has already been
done with Stalin, and Hitler is a very comparable figure.  If you argue
that the Soviet Union is not the same nation as Russia, then you can
esily argue that the Nazi empire is not the same nation as modern or
turn-of-the-century Germany.

As for removing leaders entirely, I have no strong opinion.  I don't
really object to it, but I do agree with Vasco and Chris that
remembering the past is much better then censoring it.

-jason