Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:01:37 -0800

On 2/10/06, Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do you think about this?

I am strongly against removing leaders for political correctness
reasons.

There were bloodthirsty tyrants galore in history. We are not
doing anyone any favours by censoring those parts of history.
If anything, this idea seems Orwellian to me.

Also, once we go down the road of censoring, we will have
trouble knowing when to stop. Different people often have
different notions of which rulers were "evil".

--
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa