Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15446) undesirable rulers
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 23:47:36 -0800

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> > Since random assignment now works for humans too, we will be getting
> > more complaints.So what can we do to prevent Hitler from being
> > randomly assigned?We could simply remove him, although then players
> > wishing to play against him (on a europe scenario, for instance) would
> > have to enter his name by hand.
> I really don't care if he's there or not. But by removing him we risk
> being flooded by requests to remove other unpopular leaders.

No, we really don't. There is only one leader that we have been repeatedly
asked to remove. You may have noticed that most of them are themselves
German. I think that our total disregard for this wish shows a lack of
tact and respect on our part.

The game does not get any more fun by having the guy in a list.

  - Per