Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8632) Easy way to set map size with auto ratios (s

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8632) Easy way to set map size with auto ratios (seteables if desired)
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:13:09 -0700

Le mer 02/06/2004 à 22:49, Jason Short a écrit :

> > Marcelo Burda wrote:
>
> >>LAST CHANGE
> >>drop changes in aigoto and citytools
>
> Oh, and...
>
> Rather than creating a new network type XYSIZE, we should just change
> COORD to be a SInt16.  It should be signed so that eventually we can
> pass negative values as the "special" coordinates rather than 255,255
> like we do now.
>
> Don't worry about changing any of the other values in the network code.
>   We can keep using 255,255 and keep MAX_LINEAR_SIZE as 254 for now.
>
> jason

hmmm, i no like it. are your sure this is a best way. XYSIZES and COORD
are differents think.
and if we not correct the net code this will broken capability concept.
today sending 255 as spetial value later 65535. i we change to big coods
this need to be well done. but probaly we never will need this. we can
make 30000 tiles maps with UINT8 for the map coordinates.