Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2521) general effects framework

To: kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2521) general effects framework
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:22:12 -0700

Mike Kaufman wrote:

>>- I don't understand why there is a game.can_xxx and also a
>>pplayer->can_nuke.
>
> the reason this is done is as an extension. With pplayer->can_nuke, you can
> treat this effect as a Player-range effect as well as a World-range effect.
> The code to treat this case is not too hairy in the regular code, maybe it
> is in the savegame code?

Probably not, but I'm not sure what the logic is?

Do both pplayer->can_xxx and game.can_xxx have legitimate values?  Are
they always the same for the current ruleset?  If we load an old
savegame do we just fill them all with the information taken from
game.global_wonders?

You can take a look at the savegame.c changes I made.  They should be
easy to duplicate for pplayer->can_xxx.

jason