[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why are you cloning Civ II? (was Re: Migration)

To: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why are you cloning Civ II? (was Re: Migration)
From: Stepan Roh <stepan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:46:13 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

> Why are you cloning Civ II?  What's the endgame for you guys?  Why
> didn't you just buy copies of Civ II and play them?

I bought a copy of it and although Civ2 has more eye-candy it lacks good
UI and network play. And, of course, it does not run on Linux or Solaris
or IRIX.  I want to play Civ-like game with my friends, so I play it,
occasionally report some bugs and sometimes make patches. Freeciv has
nothing to do with my job, my study, my hobbies or anything I program for
my own fun and joy. The only problem I have with Freeciv is ICS, because I
don't find it fun to play ICS. But to solve ICS only a few changes must be
done (however noone knows which). Then I'll be happy.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh