[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why are you cloning Civ II? (was Re: Migration)

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why are you cloning Civ II? (was Re: Migration)
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:36:05 -0800

From: John Goerzen
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 02:38:53PM -0800, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> > >
> > > To limit it's value or avoid being laughed at or some other reason
> > > they removed also all comments.
> >
> > They claimed legal liability, and it's a legitimate claim.
>
> I've never heard of mere *comments* being a legal liability.

Obviously, it depends on *what the comments said*.  They thought they
had comments which would leave them legally liable for something.  So
rather than hunt and peck as to whether they had gotten rid of the right
comments, they erased all of them.

They aren't going to tell you what the comments said.  That would run
even more risk of legal liability.  So what you can do is take what they
offer and say "Thank you" under the terms they gave it, or "No thanks."
It was a pretty easy decision for me to make, but it'll be fun for
someone to play with.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

20% of the world is real.