[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7021) fighting ICS

To: vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7021) fighting ICS
From: "Horn Gábor" <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 04:01:52 -0800

Hi!

I agree w/ the opinion that to balance spx and lpx we have to
change/remove exponential growth. This can be done w/ playing the
foodbox/settlercost,corruption etc. But it's not enough. I think if a
nation has 1.000.000 people, basically they should have same power
(prod,tarde,military units in war) regardless of how they're split into
cities (now it's not true for the 3rd). And THEN if a leader pays
attention on infrastructure (city improvements) his 1.000.000 people in
well organized cities would produce more golds/units/etc than a nation
which has 1.000.000 people in small cities w/o any infrastrucutre. So if
the improvements would benefit more for large cities (like marketplace
or library), it would worth to let cities big and build improvements. So
provide this choice to the player:

should i let this city became big and at 800bc choose between build a
marketplace and benefit from the higher centarlization with it (long
term advantage) or build 2 more ships for the same shields (short term
advantage) to quickly attack my weak neighbour?

Now the choice is:

sould i have 8 ships in long term from this area or 2 ships + a library?

And it's not a real choice :)

bye, hirisov

--
Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>