[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [SPAM] Re: (PR#7021) fighting ICS

To: vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [SPAM] Re: (PR#7021) fighting ICS
From: "raven@xxxxxxxxx" <raven@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 03:16:05 -0800

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

>From: raven@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:raven@xxxxxxxxx]
>

>>>Civ3 also distinguishes between Settlers and Workers.
>>>

>>However, the idea of requiring 2 pop to produce a city of 1
>>pop is insipid.  Please don't spend your time on how to piss
>>off all the Civ/SMAC fans out there.
>>

>>Nice adjective, but I'm a 10 year civ addict and love the idea of
>>settlers costing 2 pop and making 1 pop cities.
>>
>>I -like- tweaking what Arnstein likes to call
>>"petty" details of the game.
>>

>This kind of tweak is what gets your rocks off?  Isn't the game boring enough
>for you as it is?  It takes too damn long, this is just going to make it take
>longer.  Please, find a bigger fish to fry.  Something more ambitious and
>interesting.

What are you doing chatting about freeciv if you don't like reletively
long and slow games?  It's fucking -turn based- for crying out loud.  If
you can't appriciate the interestingness of toying around with the
details of a game, why are you here talking about game development? Why
are you even bothering with an open-source project which has clearly
been developed with letting users mess with "petty settings" as a
priority?  What's got your panty's in a wad, dude?  Go play Quake or
something.  I want to talk about freeciv, not get called an idiot for
enjoying the aspects of the game I find interesting.

--Zack