[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7021) fighting ICS (was: allies give all their tec

To: vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7021) fighting ICS (was: allies give all their techs for nothing)
From: "Horn Gábor" <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 03:29:06 -0800

Hi!

I think not only the exponential growth is too strong w/ smallpox,
another factor is the (un)happyness. For a 4x4 area i can put 1 city and
let it became big or put 4 small cities. With the same government and
tax rates in the second case i can maintain 4 times more military units
outside the city w/o the cities starts to disorder. I know i can change
it a bit w/ improvements, but it simply doesn't worth now waste
production on them. (as a rough idea) I think for giving a chance
againts smallpox a city which is N times bigger than the other should
support N times (maybe even) more military units w/o disorder. The fact
that a smallpoxer can almost completely ignore the handling of
unhappiness is a too huge advantage to him.

bye, hirisov