[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6973) civ3foodbox

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6973) civ3foodbox
From: "use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx" <use_less@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 02:57:11 -0800

Well, here's the new foodbox patch, which I call the flexfoodbox now,
since it does more than just the civ 3 foodbox.  The changes are quite a
bit different from the original.  I basically changed the
granary_food_ini and granary_food_inc variables into foodbox_base[] and
foodbox_inc.  The format in the game.ruleset file is like so:

; Parameters used to generalize the calculation of city granary size:
;   city_granary_size = (base[city_size] * foodbox) +
;                       (increment * city_size) * foodbox / 100
[foodbox]
base                    = 1
increment               = 100

To make it into Civ 3 style foodbox, change it to this:

; Parameters used to generalize the calculation of city granary size:
;   city_granary_size = (base[city_size] * foodbox) +
;                       (increment * city_size) * foodbox / 100
[foodbox]
base                    = 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 6
increment               = 0

(I looked up the actual sizes on an FAQ on gamefaqs:
 http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/civilization_iii_c.txt
 line 3848 )

The foodbox_base[] array is of length MAX_CITY_SIZE, and pads the rest
of the array with the last value given in the above base array.

Have fun,
-James
http://www.ign.com
Upgrade to Premium IGN Email