[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7021) fighting ICS

To: vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7021) fighting ICS
From: "raven@xxxxxxxxx" <raven@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 05:09:08 -0800

Oh yeah, one more thing before I go to bed:

I've thought for a while that it might be very interesting if
corruption/waste was mesured by movement points to the capital instead
of number of tiles.  In other words, distance would still matter, but a
good road network would do wonders towards improving productivity, etc.
If it were really based on movement points required I would suggest some
hack to limit the benifit of rails, since 0 distance to capital would be
a bit much of a boost.  Maybe have the calculations consider the
distance in tiles and the distance in movement, and compute the total
corruption based on some combination.  That could work well for
cross-water too - Harbors could connect cities across water, like in
Civ3, but perhaps the total distance would also be mesured.

Not sure how the specifics of this should go, but the basic idea is A:
realism, and B: infastructure++, so reward building it.

--Zack