[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [SPAM] Re: (PR#7021) fighting ICS

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [SPAM] Re: (PR#7021) fighting ICS
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:12:17 -0800

>From: raven@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:raven@xxxxxxxxx]
>What are you doing chatting about freeciv if you don't like reletively
long and slow games?  It's fucking -turn based- for crying out loud.  If
you can't appriciate the interestingness of toying around with the
details of a game, why are you here talking about game development? Why
are you even bothering with an open-source project which has clearly
been developed with letting users mess with "petty settings" as a
priority?  What's got your panty's in a wad, dude?  Go play Quake or
something.  I want to talk about freeciv, not get called an idiot for
enjoying the aspects of the game I find interesting.

Because I hate your kind of Game Design sensibilities.  People like you are
responsible for the stagnation of the genre.  Instead of looking for some ways
to clean up the exponential messes of the 4X TBS genre, you come up with minor
tweaks that are going to make the game take even longer than it already
painfully is.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every