[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5076) client inconsistently shows unit stacks

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5076) client inconsistently shows unit stacks
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:02:41 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Jason Short wrote:
>

>>See also PR#2053.  The most recent patch for that ticket would solve
>>this, at the expense of showing enemy stacks as well (but a cheating
>>client can already see these).
>

> What is the latest on this patch?  It's a rule change but I think we
> agreed it should go ahead.  I certainly wouldn't want the repeat of
> the trouble we are still having with not seeing units in enemy cities.

It is a rule change...

I'm in favor of making the small change now.  In the long term we should
consider what the client _should_ be able to see and (if necessary) do
something like we have with pcity->occupied.  Yes, we'll probably have
lots of bugs with that too...

Having the client hide information just isn't good.  I think we should
fix this at the source and handle the fallout as it comes.

jason