[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5076) client inconsistently shows unit stacks

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5076) client inconsistently shows unit stacks
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:56:32 -0700

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 03:28:34PM -0700, Michael Mielke wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Jason Short wrote:
> > > Revealing the whole stack is easy.  Attached is the patch to do it
> > > (stolen from PR#2053).
> > Should also be available via middle-mouse click imo.
> > > Revealing only part of the stack is harder.  Most people seem to agree
> > > you should be able to see inside enemy stacks - otherwise things just
> > > don't work too well (the server has to choose what unit to show,
> > > attack/defense percentages can't be calculated, etc).  But what about
> > > transported (ferried) units?
> > Transported should be hidden, but can we do it?
> > G.
>
> I think it would be possible; however, it would not be able to be done
> right, without making a new ferry unit as compared to an actual boat used
> to transport units.
>
> If transportable units should be hidden, I would think that defense
> (ship)units within the site of a city should be hidden also.

A unit counts as transported when
a) unit hasn't been moved this turn. (paradropped/airlift is move)
b) unit isn't fortified (for land units)

There is only a problem when killstack is removed ... then i would say
the "transported" unit has to be moved at leat 1 tile with the
transporter. But when we attacking a transported mech. inf. the defense
value of the transporter should be used.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.