Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cheating

Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cheating
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:52:09 +0200

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 10:51:52AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Rafal Bursig wrote:
> > about cheating... client has access to tile units stack.
> > I don't know if this is correct functionality (IMHO not) but you can
> > see all enemy units in this tile (client block this info).
> > Server should check if units in tile belong to player or allied player
> > and if true then send all "stack" info but if not then send only first
> > units info.
>
> Yes, this should be fixed, but the problem is, we don't have a rule about
> what is the "first" unit in a stack. The server just sends the whole
> stack, and then the client decides how to show it.
>
> There are two ways to solve this: Either to give all clients the ability
> to see what is in a stack, or to define rules for what is a "top unit" of
> a stack, and only send that. Either way is a challenge.

I think a player should see all selfmovingunits in a stack. For
Transports only that they are full or not. But think its clear that you
see the musketeers + the artillery and not only a part of the army which
is at that spot.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.