[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#2370) Path finding
From: "Raimar Falke" <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 04:47:40 -0800

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:48:04AM -0800, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Raimar Falke wrote:
>
> > > Please put it back.
> > > TM_AVERAGE is the compatibility mode with the current warmap and it is
> > > also the most sensible of them all: it is faster than SAFE or LUCK and
> > > NONE is plain stupid -- it will think that riflemen will take 3 turns to
> > > climb a mountain.
> >
> > Hmmm. I agree to keep this rolling.
>
> Please put it back then ;)

Done. Under the name of TM_CAPPED.

> > > BTW, SAFE and LUCK are not good names.  How about BEST and WORST?
> >
> > Best and worst what? Path, cost, time?
>
> BEST_TIME WORST_TIME ?

Done.

> > > Okay, I will need to find your path-finding though.  pf_next_get_position
> > > is evil, btw.  When did I agree to ditch pf_next_get_cost? :((
> >
> > You know that a lot of these can be implemented in terms of
> > pf_next_get_position ?!
>
> All of these + some extra.  And this "+ extra" annoys me.
>
> But I put both functions in.  It compiles but they are untested.
> I have no time now for testing, can you/Per do it, please?
>

> > > But if you wish, sustitute ----- for =====.
> >
> > Yes = is good.
>
> Done.
>
> Please also make sure _all_ functions we add have meaningful header
> comments.

I also removed the bool return type of *construct_path*. Added some
die()s. Added some comments. Move pqueue to common. Add omniscience
handling.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Microsoft does have a year 2000 problem. I'm part of it. I'm running Linux.