Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Recalculating movement after unit gets damaged

To: Freeciv Developers ML <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Recalculating movement after unit gets damaged
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 17:29:09 +0200

> > The attacker's MP are adjusted.  The defender's aren't.
>
> Hrm
>
> The never are, no matter whether land or see unit. Changing this would
> affect fighting a lot.
>
> Why do you think this is good (for playing)?

IMHO, if attacker is updated thus also defender has to, it is fairer.

From a personal preference point of view, not updating MP of both is
beter, but can be exploited by expert players, so I vote for updating
both attacker and defender.

> What does (again) Civ 2 ?

Civ 2 has a completely different approach on this, because every player
get the opportunity to move his units ONLY during his TURN (call it move
turn). Thus this is issue doesn't apply.

In CivNet, civ1 with multiplayer, move were contemporaneous, but the
issue doesn't apply, because there where no HP.
(Fight was ALL or NOTHING)

> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/
> * * * * * * * * *  Ceterum censeo Microsoft esse dividendum.

        Ciao, Davide