Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Recalculating movement after unit gets damaged

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Recalculating movement after unit gets damaged
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:37:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > when a unit gets damaged in combat (defending) the movementpoints aren't
> > adjusted.
> > So if your battleship loses 90% of HP it can still move 4 tiles and
> > escape other units. I think that the movementpoints should be
> > recalculated every time a units gets damaged defending and attacking.
>
> Are you sure? I have the impression that the movement points *are*
> reduced/adapted after combat, but that the additional MP's due to
> Magellan's, Nuclear Power etc. are added afterwards.

Yes, this seems correct. And also, the movement of sea units never falls
below 2. Finally, air and heli units don't suffer any movement penalties.

Changing this is rather simple, just change the order of things in

        common/unit.h:unit_move_rate(struct unit *punit)

Not sure if that would be a good thing or not.

Yours
Per

"I don't see why people are so upset about cloning sheep. American
television networks have been doing that to their audiences for years."
-- Jello Biafra