Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:24:02 +0100

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 04:57:47PM -0400, Mark Metson wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
>
> > Yes, but as I said above, having hundreds of civs means nothing if there is
> > no
> > real difference between them. Better to have 4 different civs than 400
> > identical
> > ones with city name lists and flags the only differences.
>
> Do you think it is encoded in the genes of e.g. North American tribes that
> in many centuries time when taken over by (and perhaps interbred with)
> white folk they will mysteriously come up with radar that isn't confounded
> by the ground, thus develop a superior fighting jet?

Here we go again :-)

Raahul means that in the commercial Civs the Ai players have nation-bound
characteristics.  The characteristics can be added to Freeciv.  I agree
with Daniel though that it's better to separate them from the choice
of nation.  Freeciv is very much a multiplayer, multinationality game
and people may want to pick their nations separate from characteristics
of the associated AI player.

--
Reinier