Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:17:18 +0100

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 11:33:31PM -0800, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> It's ok. I think that Freeciv has too many nations. I mean, the Lithuanians,
> Koreans and Polish civs are nobodies. They never had a crack at world
> domination.

I don't know about Korea, but Poland and Lithuania were once the largest
nations in Europe.

You have to be very careful when talking about individual nations.
That's why I dislike the grouping idea, too.

> The nation list should be trimmed down to countries that were
> actually military, or scientifically dominant  or owned large chunks of the
> world.

That leaves 'England', 'Great-Britain', 'Russia' and 'Soviet Union'.
With 'China' and 'India' if we go by population.

For me, the more nations the merrier, and to group them is just
begging for trouble.

--
Reinier