Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: aliaga <aliaga@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:42:27 -0400 (AST)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> > I would like to see the possibility in the engine to permit roads,
> > irrigation (agriculture?) and establishment of permanent settlements be
> > separated. I did find that by removing the Cities flag from a settler unit
> > I could make an irrigator that could not found cities, but I could not
> > find any way of removing roadbuilding capability.
>
> Talk to Ben Webb and the AC people.

I'll try to look into that. Another thing about roads that bothers me is
where I grew up (England) the Romans were always mentioned as the great
road-builders. Do puny pre-Roman roads really count for much on the Civ
scale? Would the Roman roads have to count as Superhighways or something
to account for their purported great innovativeness and power/utility? Or
is this just English myth that doesnt reflect the reality of roads and
just admires the Romans excessively?

BB
MM

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/