Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:19:20 +0100

On 2002-02-27 23:33:31, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> --- Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Furthermore, it would make the eurocentracism of Freeciv's nations
> > painfully aparent, and make it harder to find really cool looking flags.
>
> It's ok. I think that Freeciv has too many nations. I mean, the Lithuanians,
> Koreans and Polish civs are nobodies. They never had a crack at world
> domination. The nation list should be trimmed down to countries that were
> actually military, or scientifically dominant  or owned large chunks of the
> world. All three of course would be better and is actually common.
> Basically, civs which if you mentioned them doesn't get the responce, who?

I don't agree...
Freeciv is not meant to be historically correct in any way really...
Rather the opposite... That is, the possibility to play a game where
Lithuanians settle the new world, keep it and dominate the world is a
_good_ thing...

Also, world domination is not the only reason to play freeciv... Some
people simly enjoy the building a nation aspect...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)