Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:31:04 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, [iso-8859-1] Daniel Sjölie wrote:

> On 2002-02-26 15:07:06, Daniel L Speyer wrote:
> > Here's the alternative nation dialog that I proposed a little while
> > back.  It pops up a table of flags, and only shows the name of the
> > selected nation.  Everything's visible at once, and there's decent room
> > for expansion.
> >
> > There's a screenshot at
> > http://speyer1-b.student.umd.edu/nationSelectShot.png
> > (The Israeli flag is highlighted because the mouse was over it)
>
> Well... It looks good... But I think that even if most people either
> know what flag they want or select nation by looks of flag this dialog
> would be really painful in those instances where this is not true... :/

Hmm, how about this then?  The nation name is a popdown menu that can set
the flag to match.  Patch is attatached, screenshot at
http://speyer1-b.student.umd.edu/nationSelectShot2.png

--Daniel Speyer
If you *don't* consider sharing information to be morally equivalent to
kidnapping and murder on the high seas, you probably shouldn't use the
phrase "software piracy."