Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 03:19:32 +0100

On 2002-02-27 16:41:31, Raahul Kumar wrote:

> --- Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Well... It looks good... But I think that even if most people either
> > > know what flag they want or select nation by looks of flag this dialog
> > > would be really painful in those instances where this is not true... :/
> > >

> > Hmm, how about this then?  The nation name is a popdown menu that can set
> > the flag to match.  Patch is attatached, screenshot at
> > http://speyer1-b.student.umd.edu/nationSelectShot2.png
> >

> Much better. It's pretty and functional.

I agree... This is good...

> I still preferred the original idea of
> groups, dividing them along continental lines.
> North and South America, Africa,
> Asia, Europe, Australia. You click on North America for instance and get to
> select the Americans or the various Red Indian tribes.

Well, there's nothing saying you can't combine this solution with tabbed
groups... But I would prefer a few bigger groups and that fits in well
with this patch... So you could have e.g. one group for existing
nations, one for middle-age, one for historic and one for fantasy
nations... Or something like that...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)