Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Behaviour of units in eXplore mode near cities

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Behaviour of units in eXplore mode near cities
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:11:23 +0100

Dear diary, on Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 11:05:17PM CET, I got a letter,
where Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 09:29:23PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> >  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Test it. If you disable the if altogether or invert it thing you will
> > > get popup at the client side that a diplomat or caravan have entered
> > > the city. IMHO the if is there to prevent this. And yes the comment
> > > has to be updated. And yes this may lead to sub-optimal paths for
> > > diplomats and caravans.
> >
> > yep, you are right.
> > than nobody should go to cities while exploring (explorers shouldn't attack,
> > right?)
>
> We could expand the test to
>   if (map_get_city(x1, y1) && (unit_flag(punit, F_DIPLOMAT) ||
>                                unit_flag(punit, F_CARAVAN)) ||
>                                is_military_unit(punit))

Then we should evade only foreign cities.. Also we will still try to get into
those cities with explorers and settlers.. not a best idea, IMHO.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* elinks maintainer                * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
.
No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.
.