Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] [RFC] Behaviour of units in eXplore mode near cities

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [RFC] Behaviour of units in eXplore mode near cities
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 20:24:49 +0100

Hi,

  There's one problem I discovered while cleaning up ai_manage_explorer(), but
its solution would require possible behaviour change, so I left it in that time
just with one FIXME dropped. The code piece is:

        /* We won't travel into cities, unless we are able to do so - diplomats
         * and caravans can. */
        /* FIXME/TODO: special flag for this? --pasky */
        /* FIXME: either comment or code is wrong here :-) --pasky */
        if (map_get_city(x1, y1) && (unit_flag(punit, F_DIPLOMAT) ||
                                     unit_flag(punit, F_CARAVAN)))
          continue;

  As obvious, the comment and the actual code differs, they even contradict.
And I wonder which behaviour makes more sense and is more correct - to NOT
EVADE enter cities when we are diplomat or caravan, or to EVADE cities. The
"not evade" behaviour appeared as obvious to me so I wrote that comment, but
then when I rewrote the if and sliced the ifs, negating the conditions...

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

* elinks maintainer                * IPv6 guy (XS26 co-coordinator)
.
No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.
.