Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Behaviour of units in eXplore mode near cities

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC] Behaviour of units in eXplore mode near cities
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 04:50:53 -0600

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 09:28:08PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> Test it. If you disable the if altogether or invert it thing you will
> get popup at the client side that a diplomat or caravan have entered
> the city. IMHO the if is there to prevent this. And yes the comment
> has to be updated. And yes this may lead to sub-optimal paths for
> diplomats and caravans.

        I'm not sure there's a good way to handle this, but one would
think that checking the city goto destination against the city it happens
to be entering and omitting the dialog if they don't match would be a good
plan.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."