[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Elementarization of Unit Properties

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Elementarization of Unit Properties
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:59:44 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Jörg Zuther wrote:
> > Yes, that would be useful. Personally I would like F_UNIQUE (only one per
> > nation at the same time), F_GAMELOSS (lose one of this unit and you lose
> > the game), F_PALACE (can disband to create a palace in the city it is in;
> > if it can found cities, create a palace in the new city), and lastly
> > F_CITYBUSTER (double attack power vs cities). I need those for a modpack
> > I'm very slowly putting together, so if you'd add these too, I'd be very
> > happy :)
>
> If I actually do it, then I will add these. Any other wishes?

What, you want the entire list?

Okay, these are the hooks I need for the "alien invasion" modpack (which
you ain't going to see for a while yet, so no hurry):

F_UNIQUE - only one per nation at a time
F_GAMELOSS - you lose the game if you lose one of these
F_PALACE (perhaps F_BUILDPALACE is better) - can disband to create palace,
        and if disbands to found city, also creates a palace in that city
F_REQPALACE - can only be built (started as well as completed) in the city
        which has the palace
F_SPENDPALACE - building this unit removes the palace from the city
F_CITYBUSTER - double attack power against cities
F_CITYGARRISON - double defensive power in cities (perhaps)
F_SPENDPOP - reduce city size by 1 when built
F_AMPHIBIOUS - can travel over both land and water equally well (hard)
option "nation_req = <nation>, <nation>, ..." in units.ruleset -
        specifices which nations this unit is available for

And that's about it. If you implement any of those, I'll be very happy.

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli