[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Elementarization of Unit Properties

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Elementarization of Unit Properties
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:30:42 +0100

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 12:31:31PM +0100, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> Maybe _you_ don't want it, but I do. ;) You see, a unit with F_UNIQUE,
> F_GAMELOSS, F_PALACE, F_REQPALACE, F_SPENDPALACE and F_CITIES (yes, all of
> them) can be a wandering alien motherqueen with a palace hive in her womb.

This makes a lot of sense.  A pre-city 'nomadic' game phase (discussed
on the list before) can be implemented that way, including the special
treatment of barbarians (who have leaders instead of capitals).

Will improvements be units with move cost 0 now?

> (Obviously, the alien player should not lose the game when then queen
> founds a city, and the Palace itself should have a gameloss attribute.)

You mean, thanks to F_CITIES, improvements can be associated with the Queen
unit?  This is a little too much I think.

--
Reinier