[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:18:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Daniel Sjölie wrote:

> On 2001-10-26 12:12:02, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> > In response on my own mail:
> >
> > On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> >
> > > LS,
> > >
> > > It seems there are some translation problems in the new city dialog.
> > > Al the tabs remain untranslated.
> >
> > In the files freeciv/client/gui-gtk/{menu.c|citydlg.c} there are quite a
> > few strings marked with N_() and thus remain explicitly untranslated.
> > Why?
>
> When you initiate variables with strings (eg structs, arrays) you're not
> allowed to do function calls... So you use N_() to mark the string for
> translation and then you'll have to remember to do _() on the variable
> when you actually use it... Seems we missed that last step in a few
> places...

Ok, I've made a small patch on citydlg.c to fix just that. It fixes the
tabs problem, not the string 'Currently building:'. I'll have to dive
deeper for that problem. Don't expect that to happen anytime soon, so feel
free to solve it yourself :-)

> > > The string 'Currently building:' remains untranslated.
> > > The happiness page remains untranslated.
> >
> > The file happiness.c seems to be missing in freeciv/po/POTFILES.in
> > When added, the happiness page seems to be ok.
>
> Ok, great...
>
> /Daniel

Considering the font size problem: changing font sizes in freeciv.rc seems
to have no effect whatsoever. Logging out and in again doesn't change
this. I do not have specific font settings for gtk besides a general user
font. The forementioned city dialog parts do not use this font.
Any clues?

Also, I've seen since a while that the city sprite in the overview does
get overwritten by its surrounding tiles sprites. Is this intentional?
It looks like a bug. If intentional, please consider leaving isometric
view for this part of FreeCiv. That should make things a lot clearer.

TIA,
--
Pieter J. Kersten