[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:36:32 +0200

On 2001-10-26 14:18:19, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
>
> > On 2001-10-26 12:12:02, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:

> > > In the files freeciv/client/gui-gtk/{menu.c|citydlg.c} there are quite a
> > > few strings marked with N_() and thus remain explicitly untranslated.
> > > Why?
> >
> > When you initiate variables with strings (eg structs, arrays) you're not
> > allowed to do function calls... So you use N_() to mark the string for
> > translation and then you'll have to remember to do _() on the variable
> > when you actually use it... Seems we missed that last step in a few
> > places...
>
> Ok, I've made a small patch on citydlg.c to fix just that. It fixes the
> tabs problem, not the string 'Currently building:'. I'll have to dive
> deeper for that problem. Don't expect that to happen anytime soon, so feel
> free to solve it yourself :-)

Ok, thanks...

> Considering the font size problem: changing font sizes in freeciv.rc seems
> to have no effect whatsoever. Logging out and in again doesn't change
> this. I do not have specific font settings for gtk besides a general user
> font. The forementioned city dialog parts do not use this font.
> Any clues?

No, sorry... Not that I can think of now...

> Also, I've seen since a while that the city sprite in the overview does
> get overwritten by its surrounding tiles sprites. Is this intentional?
> It looks like a bug.

Oh... I've never noticed that before... I usually don't use highres but
I did try it... It's not intentional by me at least...
I agree it looks bad...

> If intentional, please consider leaving isometric
> view for this part of FreeCiv. That should make things a lot clearer.

I don't get you here... "leaving isometric view for this part of
FreeCiv"??? You think we should have another tileset in the citydialog
than on the map?

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)