[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 04:53:19 +0200

Den 2001-10-26 19:52:04 freeciv, %Y skrev Jason Dorje Short följande:

> Daniel Sjölie wrote:

> > > This works.  Unfortunately, it requires recompiling freeciv so that
> > > client/gui-gtk/freeciv.h is rebuilt.
> >
> > Ahhh... So that's why it didn't work...
> > Well, as I wrote in my other mail you can just redefine it in
> > ~/freeciv.rc and then it works without a recompile...
> >
> > Kinda strange to install the first file though if you have to recompile
> > for it to work... Anyone has a rationale for that?
>
> Sorry, I was misleading (or "wrong", depending on how you put it).  I'm
> talking about data/freeciv.rc, not /.../share/freeciv/freeciv.rc.  I
> don't actually install freeciv, so I just edited the file directly...

Ok...

> Editing ~/freeciv.rc works.  Excellent.
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't been able to download Red Hat's package (damned
> Red Hat 7.2 eating up bandwidth), so I can't tell you what changes
> they've made or provide a screenshot.  But I'm happy enough as it is...

I'm happy too... Don't bother... :)

> Is this a FAQ?

Not really... I think I have seen someone complain about getting bad
fonts in the city dialog before but I'm not sure about even that...
Guess it wouldn't hurt to consider it a FAQ though...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)