[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog

To: "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New city dialog
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:38:36 +0200

On 2001-10-26 12:12:02, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> In response on my own mail:
>
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
>
> > LS,
> >
> > It seems there are some translation problems in the new city dialog.
> > Al the tabs remain untranslated.
>
> In the files freeciv/client/gui-gtk/{menu.c|citydlg.c} there are quite a
> few strings marked with N_() and thus remain explicitly untranslated.
> Why?

When you initiate variables with strings (eg structs, arrays) you're not
allowed to do function calls... So you use N_() to mark the string for
translation and then you'll have to remember to do _() on the variable
when you actually use it... Seems we missed that last step in a few
places...

> > The string 'Currently building:' remains untranslated.
> > The happiness page remains untranslated.
>
> The file happiness.c seems to be missing in freeciv/po/POTFILES.in
> When added, the happiness page seems to be ok.

Ok, great...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)