[Freeciv-Dev] Re: new_city_dialog ver 12

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new_city_dialog ver 12
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:52:54 +0200

On 2001-10-24 15:36:13, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 02:40:51PM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> > > Can you tell what kind of change you have done to gtk_accelbutton_new?
> >
> > It didn't work before... The one in cvs still doesn't work for me...
> > Perhaps it's a gtk version problem but this implementation should be
> > safer...
>
> Neither I understand the old version nor do I understand the new
> version. Can you please document what the purpose of this method
> is. Can you tell me what a GtkAccelGroup is. The GTK documentation
> isn't very helpful here.

Well, essentially a GtkAccelGroup is what you need to make
Accelerators... :) I don't know a lot more than that...
What gtk_accelbutton_new does is take a string with a '_' somewhere in
it, parse this string to get the key that should accelerate the button,
create a button with the string as label and add an accelerator to this
button using the key retrieved from the string...

In short, it is a convenience function to create an accelerated button...
If that function does not work pretty much all button accelerators in
the client are broken... This was the case for me with the previous
version...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)