[Freeciv-Dev] Re: new_city_dialog ver 12

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new_city_dialog ver 12
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:15:53 +0200

On 2001-10-23 18:03:31, Raimar Falke wrote:

> > > Ack.
> >
> > I don't think so. The idea is saving screen real estate. The first time
> > someone clicks on it and finds that not all units are brought up, he'll
> > figure it out.
>
> No. If this is your reason what about renaming the button to
> "982kljsh". The user will figure it you anyway.

I really don't think that's a valid comparison...
But neither do I think that we're that cramped for space...

> > > Hmm... Or really "Sentry all present units"...
> > > Hmm... Lets be consistent and make change all the buttons to
> > > "Activate present units", "Sentry present units" and "List present
> > > units" - ok?
> >
> > I would say see above, but this might not be so obvious. It's certainly not
> > Sentry _ALL_ units because fortified units are not touched.
>
> "Sentry idle units"?

Should be right...
I think "Activate present units", "Sentry idle units" and "List present
units" fits well enough... If it's too long in other languages then they
can reformulate there... (I'd rater se that we drop "units" everywhere
than "present"/"idle" - we are on the units page after all)

> > > Hmm... Interesting thought...
> > > I think the layout on that page as a whole would suffer though...
> > > I'll leave it for now - other opinions? Consider how the buttons would
> > > be moved along...

> > > Hmm... Yes...
> > > Confirmation might be good but I'm with you... Others?
> >
> > absolutely, boy it would suck to accidently sell that university that I
> > just got finished building...
>
> Make it an option? We have this nice misc. settings pane.

Umm... Later? :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)