[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:08:01 +0200

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 06:27:52PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> Am Sonntag,  7. Oktober 2001 20:38 schrieb Raimar Falke:
>
> > > Changes to 2.1:
> >  - reorder the sending of the player information and the city
> >  information after a government change
> >  - remove common/city changes
> >  - disable cache debug output
> >  - timing stats are now printed once a turn
> >

> I played a bit.
>
> 1) strange things happen with the worked tiles display
>    when you try to rearrange the workers of CMA-controlled
>    cities on the main map. E.g. the center tile is not shown
>    as worked sometimes.

I forgot about this undocumented "feature". The player should be
disallowed to change anything on the citymap if the agent controls
the city.

> 2) whenever you release a valueable tile in the city map (or
>    in the main map using "t") of a human controlled city, it
>    is grabbed away by another's city agent.

Should be so or not?

> 3) Is there any cross optimization between agents about
>    using tiles shared by cities?

No. I would like to hear from you if you came up with a nice model how
to do this. I haven't found one yet.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "That's fundamental game play!  My main enemy is *ALWAYS* fighting