[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 22:25:49 +0200

Am Montag,  8. Oktober 2001 19:08 schrieb Raimar Falke:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 06:27:52PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> >
> > I played a bit.
> >
> > 1) strange things happen with the worked tiles display
> >    when you try to rearrange the workers of CMA-controlled
> >    cities on the main map. E.g. the center tile is not shown
> >    as worked sometimes.
>
> I forgot about this undocumented "feature". The player should be
> disallowed to change anything on the citymap if the agent controls
> the city.

citymap = main map ?

> > 2) whenever you release a valueable tile in the city map (or
> >    in the main map using "t") of a human controlled city, it
> >    is grabbed away by another's city agent.
>
> Should be so or not?

Hard to say. It is very difficult now to maintain a city by hand,
if there are any CMA's in the neighbourhood.

For the city map (i.e. in the city window) you could disallow
agent updates until the window is closed. But I can imagine
that this is not easy to do.

Maybe you touch the limits of the agent model here.

> > 3) Is there any cross optimization between agents about
> >    using tiles shared by cities?
>
> No. I would like to hear from you if you came up with a nice model
> how to do this. I haven't found one yet.

I will come back to you when I find one. ;)

>       Raimar

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *