[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 23:32:41 +0200

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 10:25:49PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> Am Montag,  8. Oktober 2001 19:08 schrieb Raimar Falke:
> > On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 06:27:52PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > >
> > > I played a bit.
> > >
> > > 1) strange things happen with the worked tiles display
> > >    when you try to rearrange the workers of CMA-controlled
> > >    cities on the main map. E.g. the center tile is not shown
> > >    as worked sometimes.
> >
> > I forgot about this undocumented "feature". The player should be
> > disallowed to change anything on the citymap if the agent controls
> > the city.
>
> citymap = main map ?

No city map = the 20 tiles a player can put workers or not.

> > > 2) whenever you release a valueable tile in the city map (or
> > >    in the main map using "t") of a human controlled city, it
> > >    is grabbed away by another's city agent.
> >
> > Should be so or not?
>
> Hard to say. It is very difficult now to maintain a city by hand,
> if there are any CMA's in the neighbourhood.
>

> For the city map (i.e. in the city window) you could disallow
> agent updates until the window is closed. But I can imagine
> that this is not easy to do.

This may be possible. On the other side you can choose the manage all
your cities with the CMA ;)

> Maybe you touch the limits of the agent model here.

I know that the CMA will only manage one city and that the behavior in
such cases as mentioned above is undefined. The settler management
agent does do a global allocation of tasks. The question is (if a tile
has become "free" and two CMA-cities want to use it) which city should
get the tile? And another questions is: should it be possible that a
CMA-city gives a tile away if another CMA-city needs it more? The
natural way would be to measure the change of the fitness
method. However there is a problem: the re-calculation of a set of
overlapping cities can be without limit. Another solution which has
nicer properties is:
 - each city has a level
 - in a given set of overlapping cities there no two cities which have
 the same level
 - the allocation of tiles is based on the level

> > > 3) Is there any cross optimization between agents about
> > >    using tiles shared by cities?
> >
> > No. I would like to hear from you if you came up with a nice model
> > how to do this. I haven't found one yet.
>
> I will come back to you when I find one. ;)

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Tank: So what do you need? Besides a miracle.