[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:50:00 +0200

Am Dienstag,  9. Oktober 2001 14:15 schrieb Raimar Falke:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 01:26:28PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:

> > Now that you are talking about this, a related user problem comes
> > to mind. On net games, it is very difficult to adjust the city
> > workers in a reasonable way, because of the lack of time. Each
> > click needs to be confirmed over the net. If you would change this,
> > i.e. that the changes in used tiles are sent/updated only when the
> > window is closed, both, this and the above, problems are solved. Is
> > this possible?
>
> No. Because you can't be sure that the tile is really claimed if you
> close the window. Another city/user may allocated the tile
> already. What should happen in such a case?

I know. But:

 - It will not happen too often.
 - There is a solution already implemented. When an enemy unit moves
   on a worked tile, it is rearranged, I don't know how.
 - If the window is closed, and the info is rejected by the server,
   some slight corrections could happen and a message printed out.
 - You have a similar situation e.g. in case of pollution. The city
   may get a negative food surplus, but now, you even get no explicit
   warning.

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *