[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] CMA 2.2
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:26:28 +0200

Am Montag,  8. Oktober 2001 23:49 schrieb Raimar Falke:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 10:35:00PM +0100, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> >  --- Jason Dorje Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Christian Knoke wrote:
> >
> > [..]

> > > Sounds to me like this is more of an interface issue.  IMO it
> > > should be possible for YOU to steal other city's tiles (possibly
> > > with a confirmation of some sort) without having to skip over to
> > > that city. Alternately, it should be possible to quickly skip to
> > > a city that is taking tiles from they city you are viewing.
> >
> > that's a good idea.
> > I imagine it would be annoying if you free a tile to rearrange and
> > then the agent in the neighbour city steals the tile.  Ouch!
> > But if human could take the tile back from the agent -- that's ok.
> >
> > BTW, it's is hard to come across, but you are running a risk of
> > infinite loop with this agent-reacts-on-tile-being-freed stuff.
> > Well, probably not, but still it's worth thinking about.

Now that you are talking about this, a related user problem comes
to mind. On net games, it is very difficult to adjust the city
workers in a reasonable way, because of the lack of time. Each click
needs to be confirmed over the net. If you would change this, i.e.
that the changes in used tiles are sent/updated only when the window
is closed, both, this and the above, problems are solved. Is this
possible?

> Yes I noticed this problem.
>
>       Raimar

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *